Worth a read, text below from WARC.
The best in communications success was celebrated in London this week at the 2011 IPA Effectiveness Awards.
Visit warc.com/IPA2011 to browse all 28 entries – including the Grand Prix, four Golds, five Silvers and six Bronzes.
Operation Christmas, the Colombian Ministry of Defence and Lowe SSP3’s Campaign that persuaded 331 members of the FARC guerilla group to demobilise won the Grand Prix – just weeks after taking top honours at the Jay Chiat and APG awards.
Other winners included:
- Depaul (Gold): An app added over 1000 people to the charity’s database.
- Ovaltine (Gold): TV sponsorship moved the drink from bedtime to daytime.
- Aquafresh Kids (Silver): Making brushing fun added £3.5m of sales.
- first direct bank (Silver): A social campaign doubled consideration rates.
- Lynx/Axe (Bronze): The grooming brand used Facebook to increase loyalty.
Visit warc.com/ipa2011 to browse all the entries. If you are not already a subscriber to warc.com, please email email@example.com to arrange your free trial.
P.S. Just published – Advertising Works 20 – read all the winning case studies from the 2011 IPA Effectiveness Awards, plus six chapters of exclusive insight and analysis.